Thanks for “checking out” the Changing Gears family checklists, budgets and forms! Our online RV checklists are provided to you free of charge.
Other Changing Gears Checklists
- RV PDI Inspection Checklist
- Arrival & Setup Checklist – Motorhome
- Arrival & Setup Checklist – Towables
- Departure Checklist – Motorhome
- Departure Checklist – Towables
- RV Must-Have Accessories List
- New to RVing? – Getting Started
- Road Test Checklist – Motorhome
- Road Test Checklist – Towables
- RV Camping Gear List
- RV Types Pros & Cons Chart
- RV Basic Lifestyle Budget
All checklists are provided as-is. Use at your own risk. No merchantability for any use express or implied. See Website Terms & Conditions.
Download This Checklist!
This checklist assumes that the RV Inspection Checklist has been completed.
A road test can be performed by individuals who feel comfortable driving the type of vehicle being tested, and have a good sense of how a well-functioning vehicle feels and sounds. Those individuals not comfortable assessing some of the items on this checklist should take along a qualified technician.
- Motor home has been prepared for departure.
(See RV Departure Checklist: Motor Homes.)
- Door handles and locks
- Window controls
- Start engine
- Signal lights
- Brake lights
- Parking lights
- Top clearance lights
- Backing lights
- Emergency flashers
- Air conditioner
- Window defroster
- Driver seat adjusted
- Mirrors adjusted
- Parking brake released
- Post top clearance in driver’s view, in feet and inches.
- During road test, observe bridge and other structure clearances to ensure that motor home will fit.
Road Test Observations
- Engine idle:
- Braking with service brakes:
- Braking with exhaust brakes:
- Cruise control:
- Engine noise level:
- Other noises (rattles, air, squeaks, etc.):
- Temperature gauges:
- Four wheel drive mode: